WILDFIRE SMOKE IN THE AREA
Smoke is being detected in the Pikes Peak region from the fire located in Southern Colorado. Smoke and grass fires contain particles that can irritate eyes, throat and lungs and can worsen symptoms for those who have pre-existing respiratory conditions such as asthma, allergies, and COPD.
You may be experiencing the following symptoms:
• Difficulty breathing normally
• Cough with or without mucus
• Chest discomfort
• Wheezing and shortness of breath
• Seasonal allergies and nasal or eye symptoms made worse by smoke
We recommend you take the following precautions during this time:
• Take medications as prescribed and use a rescue inhaler if needed. DO NOT take more medication to alleviate symptoms
• Consider leaving the area for a short time if the smoke is making you sick
• Stay indoors as much as possible and close windows if you can.
• Limit or eliminate outdoor activity until the air clears.
• Use your air conditioning both inside your home and car to help filter the air
If you are experiencing increased symptoms, contact our office immediately to decide if you need to be seen.